What are beeswax food wraps?
Beeswax food wraps are made of cotton or hemp and well, beeswax. These wraps have antifungal and antibacterial properties. Unlike airtight plastic wraps, beeswax wraps are watertight and naturally breathable so that they let food breathe.
What are the benefits of beeswax food wraps?
1. They last a really long time unlike the disposable plastic wraps, can be used only once. Beeswax wraps can be washed with cold water n number of times and reused. Think of how much money they save you.
2. Plastic cling wrap is more malleable but it is not breathable. Fresh foods can become hot in it and wilt. Beeswax acts like a natural barrier just like the skin of a fruit and lets food breathe in it for longer.
3. There’s evidence that beeswax has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that helps keep things clean and free of foreign agents, which is great when dealing with food.
4. Beeswax wraps last upto a year as overtime, the beeswax coating starts wearing away. Once the wrap has come to its end you can simply bury it in some mud. Unlike plastic cling wrap, this is biodegrade.
5. Beeswax wraps are freezer friendly. They can be used to store food for months. We are sure plastic food wrap can’t do that!