They are beautiful, colourful, and dreamy. We are talking about natural soap bars that are slowly gaining momentum over shower gels. Let’s have a look at the benefits of soap bars:
1. The first and one of the most important is that you are supporting a small business when buying natural soap from them.
2. Another benefit is that you are not paying for water. The main ingredient of a liquid soap is water. But a soap bar is full of, well, soap! A properly cured soap has very little water left in it. So you buy what you pay for, which is soap.
3. It lasts a long time. About 4-6 weeks!
4. You are left behind with no empty bottles. Just paper which can biodegrade under the right circumstances.
5. There are no preservatives in natural soap bars unlike liquid soaps. This makes them safe for aquatic life.
6. Small batch crafted soap has naturally occurring glycerin, which is good for the human skin. The taboo attached to soaps that they are drying came from commercial soaps as they are stripped off of any natural glycerin. So your skin can feel the difference!
7. Quality handcrafted soap bars are made with shea butter, olive oil, and other plant based essential oils. Whereas, liquid soaps and commercial soaps are basically detergents and foam so much because of surfactants.