If you grew food at your own place or your rooftop, the earth would be a better place. Let’s get to know why you should have an urban farming spot in your house, backyard, rooftop or community:
1. You can grow what you want, how you want, and where you want it.
2. Certain types of plants purify the air of your home and provide you with breathing benefits.
3. Hydroponic method of growing can lead to 2/3rd less use of water in urban agriculture than regular agriculture. It causes less greenhouse emissions.
4. It’s aesthetically pleasing, improves focus, and can delay the onset of illness.
5. Since you grow your own food, there is no disconnect between you and your produce. Hence, you can save food from getting wasted.
6. As you have control over the food you make, your food is higher quality.
7. You avoid so much unnecessary packaging used while transporting the food.
8. You can create a small business from your home of supplying fruits and veggies to nearby localities.